Situated in a delightful hamlet, A detached Grade II listed property of character with versatile accommodation, set within a delightful established garden with countryside views
Nearly Corner is a charming detached Grade II listed family house located in the centre of Heaverham village. The property has an interesting history, being part of a former hall house dating from the 15th century and featuring a crown post. There are later additions and, to one part externally, are some ‘bee boles’,which are mentioned in beekeepers books and were popular in the 18th century. The house has been in the same occupancy for over 25 years and is well presented with versatile family accommodation arranged over three floors. There is a delightful established garden and attractive countryside views over the surrounding conservation area.
Points of note include:
• There is a Crown Post of historic interest, some exposed wall and ceiling timbers, multi-pane windows, exposed floorboards and parquet flooring, some wrought iron door furniture and excellent storage throughout.
• The principal reception rooms together with the spacious entrance hall provide excellent formal
entertaining areas. The drawing room is double aspect with double doors to the gardens, and an
attractive open fireplace with cast iron grate. The dining room has an outlook to the front, an impressive fireplace with wooden surround and oak bressummer, and a drinks cupboard.
• The sitting room is a charming beamed room with a double aspect and an open fire. This room provides informal living.
• The study has an outlook to the side, a fireplace, a former inglenook fireplace and an under stairs
• The kitchen/breakfast room has a wonderful outlook over the rear garden and is fitted with a range of base units with extensive work surfaces. Appliances include a Neff eye level double oven, an induction hob with extractor fan over and space for a fridge and dishwasher. There is a rear lobby with an excellent larder cupboard, access to the rear garden and a utility room with extensive storage cupboards and space for appliances.
• A cloakroom with cupboard housing the boiler completes the ground floor.
• Arranged over the first floor is the master bedroom with far reaching views to the front over farmland. There are fitted wardrobes and a well appointed en suite bathroom.
• There are five further bedrooms all with attractive outlooks. All have wardrobes, three have wash basins and one has a mezzanine level providing additional space. This room also features the crown post.
• There is a shower room and also a separate bathroom completing this floor.
• The second floor provides two attic bedrooms/playrooms and further storage.
To the front of the property is an attractive white picket fence which encloses the garden with an area of lawn and shrubs including hydrangeas and lavender. Pedestrian gates lead to the house and rear garden.
A paved drive provides off road parking for a number of cars and leads to the detached timber garage, with power and light connected.
The established rear gardens provide an attractive backdrop to the house with adjoining farmland and rural views. There is an attractive rose walk with a number of roses and a clematis adorning the timber pergola. There is a paved terrace to the rear and side of the house, flanked by a low ragstone wall with steps leading to a raised terrace surrounded by well stocked borders, ideal for al fresco entertaining. There are two areas of lawn, one, to the side of the house, is enclosed by an attractive low ragstone wall, a covered well and sheltered by a mature sycamore tree. The second area of lawn is interspersed by specimen trees under planted with spring bulbs. In total the area amounts to about 0.5 of an acre.
Lot Acres: 0.5