PLEASE NOTE: All inspections are by prior appointment only.
Set amongst 2,700 square meters of meandering gardens, in a whisper quiet enclave, this beautiful old Red Hill residence offers generous proportions and a welcoming relaxed aesthetic. Only minutes to the Canberra Grammar School, Manuka Village, and the Parliamentary Triangle, airport and Red Hill nature reserve, yet in a leafy street of sprawling lawns, immaculately kept gardens, where the feel is more country estate than central Inner South.
Incredibly well sited, the home sprawls left and right, to capture the northern sun and rear garden backdrop. Central is a French provincial themed kitchen, with beautiful timber topped island, marble surfaces, 900mm free standing gas cooker and corner pantry. Open to an informal meals and family room, then spilling down wide stairs into a paved terrace, shaded by the majestic plane trees, and hugged by an array of widely established rhododendrons, camelias and climbing roses, this outdoor space integrates beautifully to the residence. A rarity for the vintage, this indoor/ outdoor flow makes for everyday joy as children can safely play in the park like grounds, and alike, the most elaborate of entertaining options are only limited by your imagination in this private sanctuary.
Encompassing six very generous bedrooms and four bathrooms, two custom studies and four living zones, including a magnificent extended atrium dining room and cosy formal lounge with ornate mantle. A floor plan that works for a large growing family, with space and flexibility as required. Marble accents and a claw foot bath in the window of the en-suite add understated luxury to the segregated master suite, complete with its adjoining parents study, walk in robe and access to the covered top terrace.
A home where you feel at home, and an opportunity that seldom presents. Embrace the opportunity presented to set your future in Wickham Crescent.
• Functional and flowing floor plan - approximately 330 square meters of living area
• Six spacious bedrooms plus two studies, four well-appointed bathrooms
• High ceilings with period features, original hardwood flooring, double brick construction, beautiful sash windows, turkish blown glass light fittings, towering ceilings
• Two ducted gas heating systems, open fireplace, two gas hot water systems, Back to base alarm system
• Circular driveway with double lock up garage plus carport, workshop, Solar heated 100,000 L pool, fully fenced
• Park like gardens set under feature shade trees, maple grove, raised garden beds with hundreds of iris and flowering bulbs, bold climbing roses, registered bore, set vegetable gardens and a gently sloping lawn under dappled light of the plane trees